In the 2005 energy bill, largely crafted by Vice-President Dick Cheney, fracking was explicitly exempted from federal review under the Safe Drinking Water Act. As a result of this dispensation, which has been dubbed the Halliburton Loophole, drilling companies are under no obligation to make public which chemicals they use. ›
“Burning Love” The New Yorker, on Marcellus Shale fracking.
Seriously!? I can’t stand when “politicians” add these loopholes for their own self interest thinking they can do whatever the hell they want.
Fcuk Cheney and his friend Halliburton.
- abjv reblogged this from twigl
- sunny315 reblogged this from thegreenurbanist and added:
- alphabet-town reblogged this from thegreenurbanist
- eatsalaska likes this
- scattershotsuns likes this
- thegreenurbanist reblogged this from climateadaptation
- fruitflower likes this
- bomzin likes this
- finitecircuit reblogged this from randomactsofchaos
- mil0o reblogged this from climateadaptation
- alice44 likes this
- kp777 likes this
- blissandzen likes this
- dokimasia reblogged this from randomactsofchaos
- randomactsofchaos reblogged this from other-stuff
- randomactsofchaos likes this
- other-stuff reblogged this from climateadaptation
- climateadaptation posted this